Ward: Braunstone Park & Rowley Fields
Proposal: CONSTRUCTION OF DETACHED BUNGALOW (1X2 BED) (CLASS C3); ASSOCIATED PARKING AND LANDSCAPING
Applicant: K KOONER
The Planning Officer presented the report and drew Members’ attention to the supplementary report, which set out an amended condition regarding the application.
Mrs Kooner, the applicant, addressed the Committee and spoke in support of the application.
Ms Bennett addressed the Committee and spoke in objection to the application.
Councillor Clarke addressed the Committee, also speaking in objection to the application.
Members considered the report and officers responded to the comments and queries raised.
It was suggested that, in view of concerns that the property could be extended significantly over time through permitted development rights, with these developments being visually unacceptable and unacceptably reducing amenity space on site and/or resulting in an unacceptable loss of amenity to the occupiers of neighbouring properties, a condition could be added under which permitted development rights for extensions and outbuildings would be removed in relation to this property.
The Chair moved that, in accordance with the officer recommendation, the application be approved subject to the conditions set out in the report and supplementary report and the addition of a condition removing permitted development rights for extensions and outbuildings for this property, the wording of the additional condition to be delegated to the Head of Planning in consultation with the Chair and Vice-Chair of this Committee. This was seconded by Councillor Whittle and, upon being put to the vote, the motion to approve was CARRIED.
that the application be APPROVED subject to the conditions as set out below and the addition of a condition removing permitted development rights for extensions and outbuildings for this property, the wording of the additional condition to be delegated to the Head of Planning in consultation with the Chair and Vice-Chair of this Committee:
1. The development shall be begun within three years from the date of this permission. (To comply with Section 91 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.)
2. Prior to the commencement of development full details of the Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS) together with implementation, long term maintenance and management of the system shall be submitted to and approved by the local planning authority. The dwelling shall not be occupied until the system has been implemented. It shall thereafter be managed and maintained in accordance with the approved details. Those details shall include: (i) full design details, (ii) a timetable for its implementation, and (iii) a management and maintenance plan for the lifetime of the development which shall include the arrangements for adoption by any public body or statutory undertaker, or any other arrangements to secure the operation of the system throughout its lifetime. (To reduce surface water runoff and to secure other related benefits in accordance with policy CS02 of the Core Strategy. To ensure that the details are agreed in time to be incorporated into the development, this is a PRE-COMMENCEMENT condition).
3. Before above ground works, the materials to be used on all external elevations and roofs shall be submitted to and approved by the City Council as local planning authority. (In the interests of visual amenity, and in accordance with Core Strategy policy CS3).
4. The dwelling and its associated parking and approach shall be constructed in accordance with 'Category 2: Accessible and adaptable dwellings M4 (2) Optional Requirement. On completion of the scheme and prior to the occupation of the dwelling a completion certificate signed by the relevant inspecting Building Control Body shall be submitted to the City Council as local planning authority certifying compliance with the above standard. (To ensure the dwelling is adaptable enough to match lifetime's changing needs in accordance with Core Strategy policy CS6)
5. Landscaping shall be carried out in full accordance with the approved Landscaping Plan (ref. 2150.2) before the occupation of any part of the development unless otherwise agreed in writing with city council and maintained as such. (In the interests of the amenities of the surrounding area, and in accordance with policy UD06 of the City of Leicester Local Plan and Core Strategy policy CS3).
6. This consent shall relate solely to the submitted plans ref. no. 2050.3 (Block Plan); 2150.2 (Landscaping Plan); 2050.1 (Site Plan); 2150 (Plans and Elevations) received by the City Council as local planning authority on 11/09/2019, unless otherwise submitted to and approved by the City Council as local planning authority. (For the avoidance of doubt.)
NOTES FOR APPLICANT
1. The City Council, as local planning authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received. This planning application has been the subject of positive and proactive discussions with the applicant during the process.
The decision to grant planning permission with appropriate conditions taking account of those material considerations in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development as set out in the NPPF 2019 is considered to be a positive outcome of these discussions.