Ward: Rushey Mead
Proposal: CHANGE OF USE FROM POLICE STATION (SUI GENERIS) TO PLACE OF WORSHIP (CLASS D1); ALTERATIONS (AMENDED PLANS RECEIVED 19/11/2019)
Applicant: MR RAJ KAMMELA
The Planning Officer presented the report and drew Members’ attention to the supplementary report, which set out two amended conditions and an additional representation received regarding the application.
Mr Kamella, the applicant’s agent, addressed the Committee and spoke in support of the application
Members considered the report and officers responded to the comments and queries raised.
The Chair moved that the application be approved subject to the conditions set out in the report and supplementary report, in accordance with the officer recommendation. This was seconded by Councillor Gee and, upon being put to the vote, the motion to approve was CARRIED.
that the application be APPROVED subject to the conditions as set out below:
1. The development shall be begun within three years from the date of this permission. (To comply with Section 91 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.)
2. There shall be no live or amplified music or voice played which would be detrimental to the amenities of occupiers of nearby properties. (In the interests of the amenities of nearby occupiers, and in accordance with policy PS10 of the City of Leicester Local Plan.)
3. The new walls and roof shall be constructed in materials to match those existing. (In the interests of visual amenity, and in accordance with Core Strategy policy CS3.)
4. No air conditioning units or equipment shall be installed outside or on the exterior of the building unless details of the design, position and specification for these has been previously approved in writing by the City council as local planning authority. (In the interests of nearby occupiers and in accordance with Policy PS10 of the City of Leicester Local Plan)
5. The use shall not be carried on outside the hours of 07:00 to midnight daily. (In the interests of the amenities of nearby occupiers, and in accordance with policy PS10 of the City of Leicester Local Plan.)
6. No part of the development shall be occupied until a Travel Plan (to include a Parking Management Strategy) for the development has been submitted to and approved in writing by the City Council as local planning authority and shall be carried out in accordance with a timetable to be contained within the Travel Plan, unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Council. The Travel Plan shall include the measures contained within the Transport Strategy received by the City Council as local planning authority on 14.11.19 and shall: (a) assess the site in terms of transport choice for staff, users of services, visitors and deliveries; (b) consider pre-trip mode choice, measures to promote more sustainable modes of transport such as walking, cycling, car share and public transport (including providing a personal journey planner, information for bus routes, bus discounts available, cycling routes, cycle discounts available and retailers, health benefits of walking, car sharing information, information on sustainable journey plans, notice boards) over choosing to drive to and from the site as single occupancy vehicle users, so that all users have awareness of sustainable travel options; (c) identify marketing, promotion and reward schemes to promote sustainable travel and look at a parking management scheme to discourage off-site parking; (d) include provision for monitoring travel modes (including travel surveys) of all users and patterns at regular intervals, for a minimum of 5 years from the first occupation of the development brought into use; (e) a mechanism for monitoring and review of the measures contained within the Travel Plan in conjunction with the Highway Authority. The Travel Plan shall be maintained and operated thereafter (to reduce the risk of highway safety and in the interests of sustainability and the proper functioning of the local transport network and in accordance with saved City of Leicester Local Plan policies AM01, AM02 and AM11 and Core Strategy policy CS14.)
7. The new walls and roof shall be constructed in materials to match those existing. (In the interests of visual amenity, and in accordance with Core Strategy policy CS3.)
8. Prior to the commencement of the use, arrangements for the collection and disposal of refuse associated with the use shall be submitted to and approved by the City Council as local planning authority. These arrangements shall be implemented on commencement of the use and shall be retained. (In the interests of general amenity, and in accordance with policy PS10 of the City of Leicester Local Plan).
9. This consent shall relate solely to the amended plans received by the City Council as local planning authority on 19.11.19. (For the avoidance of doubt.)
NOTES FOR APPLICANT
1. The City Council, as local planning authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material considerations, including planning policies and any representations that may have been received. This planning application has been the subject of positive and proactive discussions with the applicant during the process.
The decision to grant planning permission with appropriate conditions taking account of those material considerations in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development as set out in the NPPF 2019 is considered to be a positive outcome of these discussions.