Proposal: RETROSPECTIVE APPLICATION FOR CHANGE OF USE FROM DWELLINGHOUSE (CLASS C3) TO HOUSE IN MULTIPLE OCCUPATION (7 BEDS) (SUI GENERIS); CONSTRUCTION OF HIP TO GABLE EXTENSION; SINGLE STOREY EXTENSION TO SIDE AND REAR; DORMER AT REAR OF HOUSE; ALTERATIONS (AMENDED PLANS 27/11/19)
Applicant: KALRA PROPERTY SERVICES LTD
The Planning Officer presented the report and drew Members’ attention to the supplementary report, which set out an additional representation regarding the application.
Mr Parmar, the applicant’s agent, addressed the Committee and spoke in support of the application.
Ms Hassell addressed the Committee and spoke in objection to the application.
Councillor Clarke then addressed the Committee and also spoke in objection to the application.
Members considered the report and officers responded to the comments and queries raised.
The Committee questioned where it was proposed to locate cycle parking, as there currently was no access to the rear other than by going through the property. In order to ensure that cycle parking was provided, it therefore was suggested that, if this application was approved, Condition 1 could be amended to require the provision of cycle parking within three months of the date of the permission being granted.
The Chair moved that, in accordance with the officer recommendation, the application be approved subject to the conditions set out in the report, but that Condition 1 be amended to require cycle parking to be provided within three months of the date of the permission being granted. This was seconded by Councillor Whittle and, upon being put to the vote, the motion to approve was CARRIED.
that the application be APPROVED subject to the conditions as set out below:
1. Within three months of the date of this permission, secure and covered cycle parking shall be provided and retained thereafter, in accordance with written details previously approved by City Council as local planning authority. (In the interests of the satisfactory development of the site and in accordance with policies AM02 and H07 of the City of Leicester Local Plan).
2. This consent shall relate solely to the plans ref. no. 18023-P-004 received by the City Council as local planning authority on 30th July 2019 and to the amended plans ref. no. 18023-P-03 rev C received on 27th November 2019. (For the avoidance of doubt.)
NOTES FOR APPLICANT
1. The City Council, as local planning authority has acted positively and proactively in determining this application by assessing the proposal against all material planning considerations, including planning policies and representations that may have been received and subsequently determining to grant planning permission with appropriate conditions taking account of those material considerations in accordance with the presumption in favour of sustainable development as set out in the NPPF 2019.
2. The applicant is reminded that the granting of planning permission does not remove the need to comply with other legal requirements including, but not limited to, environmental health and nuisance legislation, Party Wall etc. legislation.
3. The applicant is advised that the site is within 250 metres of a landfill site known to have accepted wastes within the last 30 years and it is considered that there is a perceptible risk of landfill gas adversely affecting it.