Ward: North Evington
Proposal: CHANGE OF USE FROM SHOP (CLASS A1) AND TWO FLATS (1 x 2 BED; 1 x 3 BED) TO SHOP (CLASS A1) AND FIVE FLATS (1 x 1 BED; 4 x 2 BED); FIRST FLOOR EXTENSION TO REAR; HIP TO GEBLE EXTENSION TO ROOF; DORMERS TO FRONT AND REAR; ALTERATIONS (AMENDED 12.11.19 and 21.11.19)
Applicant: ZAM INVESTMENTS
The Planning Officer presented the report.
Mr Usmani addressed the Committee and spoke in objection to the application.
Members considered the report and officers responded to the comments and queries raised.
Concerns were raised that the area in which it was proposed to store the waste bins was quite restricted, which could lead to bins being located outside bedroom windows. In addition, the rear access was already quite crowded, which could make it difficult for waste to be collected.
The Chair moved that, in accordance with the officer recommendation, the application be approved subject to the conditions set out in the report, but that Condition 2 be amended to require the position for every day storage of waste bins and arrangements for collection and disposal of waste from the flats and the shop to be approved by the planning authority prior to the occupation of any flat in this development, the wording of this amendment to be delegated to the Head of Planning in consultation with the Chair and Vice-Chair of this Committee. This was seconded by Councillor Whittle and, upon being put to the vote, the motion to approve was CARRIED.
that the application be APPROVED subject to the conditions as set out below and the amendment to Condition 2 to require the position for every day storage of waste bins and arrangements for collection and disposal of waste from the flats and the shop to be approved by the planning authority prior to the occupation of any flat in this development:
1. The development shall be begun within three years from the date of this permission. (To comply with Section 91 of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.)
2. Prior to the occupation of any flat, arrangements for the collection and disposal of refuse associated with both the residential use and commercial use shall be submitted to and approved by the City Council as local planning authority. These arrangements shall be implemented on commencement of the use and shall be retained. (In the interests of general amenity, and in accordance with policy PS10 of the City of Leicester Local Plan).
3. The approved extensions and dormers shall be constructed in materials to match the existing walls and roof. (In the interests of the visual amenity of the area and to preserve the character and appearance of the West End Conservation Area, and in accordance with Core Strategy policies CS03 and CS18.)
4. No flat shall be occupied until secure and covered cycle parking for five cycles has been provided and retained thereafter. (In the interests of the satisfactory development of the site and in accordance with policy AM02 of the City of Leicester Local Plan).
5. This consent shall relate solely to the amended plans received by the City Council as local planning authority on 12.11.19 and 21.11.19. (For the avoidance of doubt.)
Councillor Thalukdar arrived at the meeting during consideration of this item, but took no part in the discussion or voting on it, sitting separately from the Committee until the item’s conclusion.