The Council is asked to:-
a) Consider the comments of the City Mayor’s Recommendations for the General Fund Revenue Budget 2020/21 to be published prior to the Budget Meeting and will be attached to the Council Script;
b) Consider the views of the Overview Select Committee meeting on 12 February 2020 will be submitted prior to the Council meeting and a copy will be attached to the Council Script);
The Council is recommend to:-
a) Approve the City Mayor’s proposed budget for 2020/21; and
b) Approve the technical recommendations to Council which will be published ahead of the meeting on 19 February 2020 and will be attached to the Council Script;
Attached are copies of extracts from the following Scrutiny Committees and Commissions which considered the budget:
- Adult Social Care Scrutiny Commission – 4 February 2020 (Appendix 3 a.i)
- Children, Young People and Schools Scrutiny Commission
- – 28 January 2020 (Appendix 3 a.ii)
- Economic Development, Transport and Tourism Scrutiny Commission – 5 February 2020 (Appendix 3 a.iii)
- Health and Well-being Scrutiny Commission – 30 January 2020 (Appendix 3 a.iv)
- Heritage, Culture, Leisure and Sport Scrutiny Commission
- – 21 January 2020 (Appendix 3.a.v)
- Neighbourhood Services and Community Involvement Scrutiny Commission – 15 January 2020 (Appendix 3 a.vii)
The City Mayor submitted his proposed budget for 2020/21 to 2021/22. The report contained details of the financial pressures facing the Council, the proposed budget strategy including assessments of risk, and impact and consultation outcomes.
Details of the City Mayor’s Recommendation of General Fund Revenue Budget 2020/21 and the General Fund Revenue Budget and Council Tax 2020/21 – Formal Resolutions were made available at the meeting and are attached to these minutes.
Moved by the City Mayor, seconded by Councillor Cassidy:
1) Thanks partners and scrutiny committees who have commented on our draft budget;
2) Notes the comments made in the City Mayor’s formal Decision Notice published on 18February 2020 and attached as Appendix A to the script and available at the meeting and attached to these minutes;
3) Approves the recommendations set out in section 3.1 of the report ‘General Fund Revenue Budget 2020/21 to 2021/22 without amendment; and
4) Approves the formal budget resolution as set out in Appendix B to the script, made available at the meeting and attached to these minutes.
The Lord Mayor put the motion to the vote.
It was noted that under the requirements of The Local Authorities (Standing Orders) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2014 the names of the Councillors voting for or against the proposition or abstaining would be recorded by the City Barrister and Monitoring Officer and included in the minutes of the meeting.
For the motion:
Councillors Aldred, Ali, Aqbany, Bajaj, Barton, Batool, Broadwell, Byrne, Cassidy, Chamund, Clarke, Cole, Cutkelvin, Dawood, Dempster, Fonseca, Gee, Govind, Halford, Joshi, Master, Moore, Myers, Nangreave, O’Donnell, Pantling, Patel, Pickering, Rahman, Rae Bhatia, Riyait, Russell, Kaur Saini, Singh Sandhu, Solanki, Soulsby (City Mayor), Thomas, Valand, Waddington, Westley, Whittle, Willmott.
Against the motion:
The Lord Mayor declared the motion carried.